Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ready or Not, Switzerland Here I Come!

As I begin to prepare for my move to Switzerland, I cannot help but feel many mixed emotions. Of course I am beyond excited to begin a new life in a beautiful, intriguing, foreign country, but at the same time, I am sad to say good bye to friends, family, and the comfort of the American-lifestyle. I decided to give these emotions to God this morning, in hopes that He would see my weakness and give me strength to joyfully continue on with the good byes.
The Spirit lead me into the Word and I began reading about Paul’s missions in Acts. It reads, “The holy Spirit has been warning me that imprisonment and hardships await me. Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the Gospel of God’s grace.”(Acts 21:23-24)
After reading this passage, I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks. My life should be of no importance to me. I am simply a tool God is using on this earth to bring more people to Him. I really am not that big of a deal. God gave me a specific command to move to Switzerland and if He is pulling me out there, He will pull me through the goodbyes and unease of a new country. He will replace any turmoil in my heart with His everlasting peace.He needs me to be uncomfortable and to hurt in order to bring about new growth.
While reflecting upon the ER visit I wrote about in my previous post, I realized God brought me through that situation not only so that I can suffer for Him, but mainly to show me that He will always be there to comfort, guide, and support me through EVERYTHING that life throws at us, including a move over the pond into foreign countries:) 
What a beautiful and amazing God we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment