Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Be Loved

As I woke up this morning, made my coffee and began to think and pray about what I should write about on this special day honoring love, I began to think of an area where I seem to struggle the most in. Being loved.

Sounds easy right? I mean you don’t really need to do anything; you just need to simply be. This weakness of mine has been magnified through my marriage. Life has given me moments where I could completely doubt that there is existing love for me in this world from my husband, friends, family, and most importantly God. Now how can that be?


It is not the fact that the love isn’t there, by any means. I have some of the most loving and intentional people around me, not to mention a God, who is love. I believe it is the fact, that I do not allow the time to soak in the love around me.

Yesterday, I had this realization and decided to start making a change to soak in love; to start to appreciate the little moments of pure joy through out the day and make an effort to be loved.

I was taken back by the amount of little moments, where I was overwhelmed with joy, peace, and most importantly love. From sitting in silence and simply being with my husband, to running into my Swiss family at the grocery store and being greeted as if I was a celebrity by my father-in-law, to hearing about an amazing trip my aunt and uncle-in-law had to Guinea, and finally to hosting a welcome party for our neighbors and being so surprised by the amount of people that showed up and as well the relationships that are beginning to develop in our new neighborhood.


Now each of these examples, are nothing extraordinary, but they are simple moments of love given by God. Each day He intervenes in our lives in such powerful and simple ways, but if we do not take the time to be and soak in lives little moments, we can so easily pass up the opportunity of being loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment