Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

To My Dearest Baby Girl

This whole becoming-a-mama process has really stirred in my heart all the wishes that I have for my baby girl.  Which led me to write this letter for the little life that is inside of me and as well for all women, who are faced with the challenges that this life throws at us. I know that I had it easy growing up in the time I did, in comparison to what is to come. Therefore, I decided to share a tidbit of the wisdom that has come to me over my short time thus far. It is short and sweet, but I hope it may encourage you wherever you are. Be the love and be loved my friends

My dearest unborn baby girl,

You are being born into a world that is in dire need of restoration. The fact of the matter is, we live in a day and age, where everyone longs for love. That is the bottom line. I believe the world was always so, but recently this longing has become so evident and transparent to us all, thanks to social media, television, radio, podcasts, you name it. Everything and anything can be found by the click of a button. We are exposed, more than ever, to this need, perhaps so much so that we as humans have grown numb to recognize the underlying cause of it in many situations. 

When we as humans can understand that this need to be loved exists in all humans. It gives us a multitude of explanations, in regards to human behavior. It gives us wisdom on how to react or respond in certain situations and ultimately, it teaches us how to love our fellow man in a better way.

As a female in this society, you may feel all sorts of expectations from those around you.
I have so often experienced, through relationships, media, etc., the atmosphere of striving to meet these expectations amongst women. Striving to be thinner, prettier, more popular, or just simply loved in whatever way possible.

My message to you is: know that you are loved. Not just by your family and friends, but by a father who is far beyond our understanding. Who he, himself, is ...love. He sent his only son, not just to save the world, but specifically to save you. Even if you were alone on this earth, he still would’ve sent his only son to simply save YOU my dear. That’s how much you are already loved.

Try not to buy into the lies, that may be tempting at the time, but rather believe in the truth of who you are, as a daughter of God. This truth will set you free to grow and to prosper into exactly the person you were made to be. You will learn that you do not need to seek love elsewhere. Not from the confirmation of social media, a friend group, a boy, grades, a sports team, simply be and be loved and all the radiance, that your soul possesses will shine through any doubt that you may face.

Once you can grasp this love and you delight in it, do not be afraid or ashamed to pass it on to those around you. For it is the greatest gift that you can give. It's the gift that will bring freedom and so much more. 

You are so loved, therefore you can be love. Already, as you lie in my womb, unknown and have yet to even make a sound on this earth, you are already beyond loved. Simply by being. Amazing. Life is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Xoxo,
Your deep-in-thought, highly pregnant mama


No comments:

Post a Comment