Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Paths of Life

As I overlooked the Lake of Constance in Germany yesterday, I thought to myself how the heck did I get here. I thought back to how my life was in grade school, then on to high school, and after college. I thought about all of the wonderful people I’ve met and had the opportunity to share life with. I pondered all the different paths of life I could have potentially took based upon the decisions I made. Most importantly, I wondered where has God’s hand been in all of this?
Was He walking right beside me even when I did not take the time to speak to Him? Was His Spirit alive when I cared for others all though I did not necessarily point it back to Him?
While putting this to prayer, I realized that He has been there, He has guided my every step and ensured that it was placed in the best place to grow and develop my soul into what He has designed it to be. God has called me to this season of life in Switzerland, He has called me to be amongst this community, a member of this family, and existent in this culture. He has called me to love above all else. God makes no mistakes. When we make ourselves available to be used by Him, His existence in our life is amplified. Our lives become an example for others to come into His love. 

Although we have freewill and may go down paths of life that may not be God-honoring, God’s grace can meet anyone, at anytime, and in anyplace. God reveals to His children the path of life and provides the everlasting joy when we enter into His presence, our true delight is with Him! He is truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment