Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Blossom Where You Are Planted

It is so easy for humans to think, if only I were there I could be doing, achieving, or accomplishing that. If only we had this amount of money then we could do that and go there. If so and so were here then my life would be complete. It is natural for us to blame our unhappiness upon the things that are missing in our life rather than being content with all that God has given us.
These thoughts were convicting me this morning as I thought about where God has lead me. It is easy to sit and think what if I had done my Dietetic Internship and was on the path to become a Registered Dietitian, what if I decided to do a year of service what would my life look like? The questions may go on and on, but at the end of the day they do not matter because God called me to this moment in time for a purpose. The purpose may be as little as cooking lunch and helping out around the house or as big as leading a hundred people to Christ. Regardless of God’s purpose for my life, I must find the strength to do all things with great love.
It is not always easy to know our calling during a season, but there is one common thing that God calls us all to do which is, “Let all that you do be done in love” (1 Corinthians 16:14). I am a firm believer that if we put love before all else in our day, life as we know it would change. If we seek to do all things out of love and love the people, the tasks, and the environment around us fully and deeply, we will find everlasting peace and joy in our midst.
Once love becomes our number one priority, we can begin to blossom exactly where we are planted. Nothing will be able to hold us back from achieving exactly what we were meant to accomplish. We will not be left with the uncertainty of where we are, who we are with, and what we are doing. Rather, we will be left completely fulfilled.
So today lets be exactly where we are and love deeply what we are doing, regardless of how stressful, petty, mundane, or insignificant they may seem. Let us truly blossom where we are planted and know that God makes no mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment